View Single Post
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Karachi, Pakistan
Hey everyone,
I'm new here and wanted to purchase the N900, however I thought I'd ask the members of the community a few question before I do so:

1. Does the internet browser have Flash? Is it the full web or just a hindered, crippled mobile one?

2. About apps, is there a ZIP/RAR unpacker? An RSS reader I can keep on the homescreen? A BitTorrent client (i.e. not a remote control software, an actual client)? An office suite?

3. Has the famed PR1.2 firmware been released yet? Does it have portrait mode functionality? I'd really like that.

4. Does the FM transmitter function as an audio device? Can I, for instance, use the FM transmitter with audio in the web browser (YouTube, for instance) or with a video player?

5. Can I use a Bluetooth keyboard (it should have the HID profile)? Or is it possible to hook a keyboard up via USB host?

6. How's the codec support for the video player? Can it play MKVs? XviD? DivX? Is it possible to install additional codecs?

7. I'm migrating from a Nokia E90. Is the hardware keyboard easy to adjust to?

8. Does it have Google Maps? Or will I have to stick with Ovi Maps?

9. How is daily usage? Can it actually function as a reliable phone?

Thanks a million to anyone who can answer these questions with a satisfying answer.