View Single Post
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried soft reset, didn't work, so I bit the bullet and did a hard reset, twice (what an absolute f'ing all-day nightmare btw, but I have ended up with a fresh 1.3 install so not all bad, I guess). That didn't work either. Symfonie player also had same problem with same tracks.

I will try the Tracker thing next and let you know how that goes.

tracker-processes -r didn't help either

What's happening is: when I select an album, Busoni Piano Concerto for example, the (single) track shows time of 74:45, when I select the track it goes to play window, and still show time of 74:45 but when the progress bar appears and the track starts playing, the time suddenly changes to 68:33, which is actually the correct time (according to the media players on my PC); the player gets to 68:33 and stops but the music is not quite finished, so the last few seconds are cut off.

I just tried Media Box app and am getting same problem with it.

This is very strange as the tracks play fine (displaying the identical time, as in this particular example 68:33) on my PC and also on the refurbished HTC One I bought recently.

Funny thing is how random this problem is - most stuff transfers and plays with no problems. First time it happened, I managed to fix it by repeatedly deleting and re-transferring the folder. I'll just try that again with these few things I'm having current problems with though I have done so a few times already with some of them and even moved one from SD card to main memory.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by free_fall; 2014-09-07 at 04:08. Reason: more info, correction