View Single Post
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Donation update: 15€ by jukey.
All donations made up to date can be seen here: http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...2011#Donations

Originally Posted by helex View Post
I don't know how to package this at the moment... and I will run in a other problem if I submit it to your page. What about dependencies?
[...]
Hm, I saw the option to get email alearts as soon as someone edit's your changes. Perhaps you could use this as a small workaround?
Or could we block editing for anonymous users?
Yes, the wiki could be an option if the submitting site does not work out..
But I see some other downsides of using the wiki. For example will we need some personal data from the winners like address and PayPal address. On our site it will be just logging in and provide those informations. The logistical effort would be much higher for us using the wiki. But of course, if there would be no other option we'd have to go back to the wiki.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I am also interested in the dependencies issue. I take we will be expected to upload a standalone .deb to the site?
Not necessarily.
The plan is to make this site a one stop shop for the average user to test the apps and build his opinion.
For example you could upload a .install file which points to your app in the repository.
Or just a link to your website where the user will be able to download your app. Or installation instructions and so on...
Of course the easier you'll do the installation process, the better the user will probably vote for you.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Btw. Is there any post FAQ on what did you guys learn from last competition and what are you going to do differently (better)?
Please head over the the FAQ at the wiki and ask your questions. We'll answer them as soon as possible: http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_Competition_2011#FAQ
But we've learned A LOT from the past competition. The easy way but also the hard way. kojacker, would you like to share some experiences?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post: