View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by u7knv9h View Post
mh, i don't know exactly about thunar and pcmanfm (i don't use any file manager on my machines, always commandline tools) but maybe they require some packages, like 'gvfs' 'fuse-utils' 'gvfs-backends'
They do. But don't ask me for details! I never really understood this gvfs stuff and I don't use smb.

Originally Posted by jakfish View Post
(is squeeze armel incompatible with "easy debian"?).
The only incompatbility I'm aware of is in pulseaudio. (More precicely: It's not an incompatibility between ED and Debian but between Maemo and Debian which ED has to take care of. But that only affects the N900 afaik.)
On top of that there are some problems with some programs on the N900 which seem to be related to buggy armel features on Maemo's side. But I don't know if this applies to the N8x0 versions too.

What image are you using? The early "Squeeze" images were actually a mix of Lenny and Squeeze due to some problems qole had during the dist-upgrade process.

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
fusesmb: Depends: samba-common-bin but it is not going to be installed
initscripts: Breaks: rsyslog (< 5.8.2-2) but 4.4.2-1 is to be installed
libasound2: Breaks: libasound2-plugins (< 1.0.24) but 1.0.21-3 is to be installed
libglib2.0-0: Breaks: gvfs (< 1.8) but 1.6.4-3 is to be installed
libpolkit-backend-1-0: Breaks: policykit-1 (< 0.99) but 0.96-4+squeeze2 is to be installed
libpolkit-gobject-1-0: Breaks: policykit-1 (< 0.99) but 0.96-4+squeeze2 is to be installed

In sources.list, I have every repo un-commented, which is how I updated pcmanfm (through sid) to 0.9.7 in the first place. But it seems that these installations are wishing for older libs.
This is most likely a result of the aforementioned Lenny/Squezee mix. A proper dist-upgrade to Squeeze should help.

In sources.list, I've commented-out everything except:

deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

[..]

But when I try:

apt-get -t wheezy-backports install pcmanfm

I get a million complaints about dependencies that can't be upgraded to the new pcmanfm.

Konqueror, jags, and komba2 are not available. Have I hit a wall? Or is there another workaround?
1. You're trying to mix three releases. That almost certainly causes trouble. Even mixing two is delicate at best.
2. With only backports enabled most of the packages won't be available. So whatever package you want from the backports will likely miss some dependencies.

I'd suggest you try a more recent image, based on Wheezy.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: