View Single Post
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Speaking as a community member (who partipated in electing both the Hildon Foundation BoD, and the MCC, and donated money to help run both), here's what I'd like to see:

- MCC = HFC, this just makes sense at this time.
- Elections for HF BoD commence quickly-I'm not comfortable with a BoD that is entirely unelected.
- HF's main focus needs to be getting anything and everything possible signed over from Nokia to maintain the maemo.org infrastructure and maemo-family (including Harmattan/N9) of devices into the future (and it appears to be doing so, although we hear very little about it officially), in accordance with the maemo community's will.
- fix any inconsistencies in the bylaws that cause all these headaches and arguments!

And what I don't want:
- using the exact wording of the bylaws against the community's will
- agendas that don't advance the primary focus of what I think HF should be about: maintaining maemo.org and the maemo-family of devices-especially as those are not yet complete. Things like Jolla? Forget about them for now until we've got the community stablized.

I believe the general community's feelings are the same, but if you (MCC or BoD) feels differently, start a poll to really gauge what the community wants.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post: