View Single Post
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Actually I DO agree with you here, however you took my words out of context.

If you read back What I said, it was;

Now where do I mention angry birds on my message....

To repeat; I am of the mind that Jolla should launch an Angry Birds TOH and a matching theme. Yes, and the quicker the better
You said about what promises I was talking, so it was one of them And i personally do not really want TOHs with themes and ringtones. I can get stickers and music from other resources, I expected more "hardware" TOHs. And if someone mention something about limited resources I will slap them as we can see that only 2 people on their on spare time and own resources can do more. Yes I mean all the LeToh and funkytohs and so on.

Btw i would like to point out that all people telling that Jolla is still here and they deliver and it's good, but it's only us expecting more are wrong in my point of view, because after all jolla is here and still exists because of people and not opposite. Because of those who support and spread the word, few devs who do code and surely all the pre-orders and fanboys( can't call someone otherwise who buys TOH just for theme for 30 euros with phone that has hw problems and "10+" native apps) . I think they actually need to pay back in some ways to people who still try to support them. But those relationships are only one way, which is the main problem. It's not only about UI or if it has FOSS core, otherwise we can use iPhone or even Android. It's about our involvement and cooperation. But as we asked still no bug tracker, no open road map, no open sourcing, no devs encouraging. All I see PR and those "shadow" statements with highlighting certain things but never making proper statement(e.g. Is "no native apps was promised and you can understand from cooperation anything", guess what, this way cooperation can me using users for own benefits only and PR each other)
They are not better than android in any FOSS way, except that android has communities that are more open and OS itself is more mature. If not java I would maybe ho android after all. On other hand there are windows and blackberry, though being closed source from the beginning they have more cooperation and "unlike"-ness, they try to squeeze into market with own benefits, they understand that after all user is ruling what is cool and what is not, they try to reach us. And please do kot talk about resources, I do understand the issues, but no one forced them or told them it would be easy, after all i'm end user and i pay not less that 400 euro for low spec phone with hw problems and no apps, so is it only my belief of them being what I want one day is all I get? If so it repeats history of maemo and we know where we'll get with it sadly, but with maemo being more open(ffs we can flash at least) community was able to make own updates and keep it alive, here we have dead end, though ironically mer and nemo actually were born here(oh and they did not want to even use TMO).
So again, yes there are news about Jolla, but what those news about? How users benefit from it? What we got from them up till now? More updates than N9? You compare updates by how many or quality and improvements? Do you consider that N9 was released more mature and that they told us to consider it as next step, but currently it is actually step backward( apps, features, UX, specs for price, even openess). I still do not get when people tell me "they already did a lot. The phone is awesome", I can tell that about any company or product. I even can say "they did nothing, phone is crappy" about any company or product, but facts after all are facts. It's being long way and waiting and as they said it would be different I still feel it as trick of "it's x from x+1 steps" like it was with maemo. Always thi"this time we make it right" and then they scratch everything and make same mistakes again. Not buying it anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post: