View Single Post
Hello! just got my n900 from ebay. already compiled the new elinux/n900 kernel and thought using it with alarm rootfs.
And then I stumbled upon this post, ... awesome!

Can't believe this is still active.

I'm on 64bit archlinux, too. When trying to compile the kernel I went with arm-linux-gnueabihf- as the CROSS_COMPILE toolchain.

is this right? would arm hard float work on the n900. "I read it's faster ..."

following your guide I got something working.

but the first odd thing was that my maemo didn't know how to mount ext4. I installed the correct u-boot with omap kernel from the uboot thread (with maemo programm manager).
how could this be? is it correct that this kernel does not support ext4 ?

Anyways, I reformated with ext3 and the alarm booted. I get a lot of [ok] and [failure] so I think systemd is running.

I even get a login prompt for a few seconds. But before I can log in the phone switches off.
are these symptoms of a wrong systemd version ? haven't had the chance to downgrade systemd to your version.
mb it's the hard float...

(writing this I realize that I can analyze the systemd journal files on an other system before jumping to conclusions, anyways, I'll hit this submit button now.)

Thank you so much!

I plan to use i3-wm + rofi launcher/switcher/whatever and python scripts arround ofono to play with mobile UI.

Oh this will be so much fun...

Last edited by ntxy; 2016-11-25 at 14:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ntxy For This Useful Post: