View Single Post
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
https://github.com/abranson/rockpool is up, but it's very preliminary and not ready for day-to-day use, so please don't upgrade your pebble classics to v3 just to try it or you'll be sorely disappointed. I wanted to fix the crash on callEnded, but ran out of time and thought it best to get it up asap anyway. Contributions welcome.
I'm just wondering how you're going keep up with RockWork and the other way around. As I've contributed a lot of code (including the Sailfish port) to Kodimote (previously Xbmcremote) which is developed by mzanetti, but we had everything in one repo so a lot of features were already available in both apps without changing any platform specific code. But as you're hosting on GitHub, and thus are using Git, and RockWork is hosted on Launchpad and using Bazaar you can't just pull in changes from one another.

The OrganizerAdaptor, which uses the Qt Organizer API to fetch appointments out of your calendar and insert them into the timeline, doesn't find any events. From looking at Fahrplan, it seems that Sailfish doesn't support that API, and we have to use a different mechanism to access the SQLite file directly. I put the discovery code in the initialization, but it doesn't work yet.
I might be able to help in this area. As I've got my own small daemon for the Pebble (but didn't do any development on it the last months), and filling the timeline based on the calendar is one of the things I do have working. And the same goes for call handling, which I've got operational too (so I might be able to fix the crasher there).

Which is about everything I have working actually . Timeline for notifications, email (not using notifications, so I can show a full message preview, which differs from at least Pebbled, haven't check RockWork yet), calendar, phone call handling and the app fetching (but I don't have a UI either, so that also only works by putting the app file in the correct directory).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post: