View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Well, this is somewhat good news. But I hope Jukka reads this:

1. I hope it is as fully useable as possible as an everyday device. At least Phone, 3G, WiFi, SMS, Web browser with flash and very importantly, Music and Video playback is a must. If it's for power users and if it's supposed to "keep" us to help Nokia, make us be able to use the N900 everyday and to promote to others. Less crippled = the better we'll respond. So please, surprise us by showing us what MeeGo is capable of on the N900.

2. I hope it's overclockable. N900 is a slow device for Meego. Many power users / hackers overclock to squeeze that extra performance out of our beloved device. It makes a huge difference so let us tap that potential at "our own risk".
1) We're taking approach of initially few but very well working + performing features (isn't this what the fruit company does?). When they do work, we look at more features. And we can work on them together.

From hardware adaptation point of view:
* Accelerated music/video is already possible - DSP codecs exist
* Phone exists and can make calls, even comes through earpiece now or headset.
* 3G support exists in system but not in UI yet

2) Overclocking depends on CPU frequency scaling which we are actively working on as this enables a proper day-to-day experience that lasts more than 3 hours and doesn't ruin your ability to get children (as a male). Overclocking is at your own risk and not recommended.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2011-03-03 at 20:30.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: