View Single Post
With all due respect, you've avoided answering the question. The fact that Mr. Nikolaus owns PCB layout, doesn't expand why you couldn't not want to release it.

In my understanding, "We might consider making it one", means that you have some reasons/arguments against it. I'm sincerely interested in what those are.

Of course, if you just don't know, or is it the (typical in hardware production business) memento of "it's better to own something exclusively that don't, even if we don't know why, yet", I'll accept that as answer.

I would just like to hear it, officially, from the Neo900, this or other way. Believe it or not, but there are people, that consider eventual FOSW of the project as very important factor, before making pre-order/support decision*. Even if it can't be guaranteed now, knowing the reasoning of project Creators is useful when deciding if one want to "take the risk" of jumping into the bandwagon now, before releasing/not releasing those files in some Free license is confirmed/denied.

Respect, love, and pink chocolate flowers
/Estel

*Including two people, that I'm personally trying to convince into pre-ordering - well, at least as soon as the new donation method is up, as it's not quite reasonable to do so now and get refund, losing on conversion/transfer fees...

//Edit

On a different note - dos1, before the idea of getting FSF blessing for Neo900 got (apparently) abandoned, you've announced writing detailed article, that would be an in-depth polemic with FSF dogma about modem having it's software "burned in stone".

Privately, I agree with Neo900's stance on this, and I would very much like being able to show this article (written by someone that know the matter better than I do) to people that don't get why FSF won't "bless" Neo900. Unfortunately, I - apparently - missed its release, and can't seem to find it on Neo900 news list. Could you, please, point me to it?

Also, was it sent to FSF lads and guys? I wonder if there was any comment on your reasoning, from their side.

//Edit 2
@below:
Thank you for your (typically) respectful and cultural answer to my "pestering" question. I wish you all the luck in the world with leading Neo900 project, with an attitude like that.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-05-18 at 21:48.