View Single Post
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

After clarifications, here is a patch taking care of all remarks I found in this thread (auto Day/Night Mode, Traffic option enabled and properly refreshed button) :

Stable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

Unstable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode + Time To Destination + Show traffic on map) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff

How to apply patch :

- First, switch to 'root' user with 'devel-su' command (enter your password if changed, default to 'rootme').

- Mandatory, verify you have installed 'wget' in 'settings' -> 'security' -> 'developer mode' -> click on install icon for 'utilities'.

- Mandatory, your device need to be connected to Internet !!!.

- Mandatory, verify you have installed 'patch' utility using this command line :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else echo "Ok, you are 'root' ..." ; if dpkg -l patch 2>/dev/null | grep -q ii ; then echo "Patch utility is already installed, you can continue with the procedure ..." ; else echo "Patch utility is not present, installing now ..." ; wget http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan/free/p/patch/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb -O /root/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb && dpkg -i /root/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb && sync && echo "Done, you can continue with the procedure ..." ; fi ; fi
- Use this console command line to install the Stable patch :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; wget http://bigbob.fun.free.fr/N9/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff -O /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff && apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync && patch -p0 -i /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff && sync ; fi
- Use this console command line to install the Unstable patch :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; wget http://bigbob.fun.free.fr/N9/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff -O /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff && apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync && patch -p0 -i /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff && sync ; fi
Can someone apply it and report if all goes well ?

How to revert patch :

- It's always the same procedure for Stable & Unstable, just use this console command line to revert back to default files :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync ; fi
A++

- Edit #1 : Commit changes from mbanck on post #143 ...
- Edit #2 : Like mbanck stated on post #146, reverting back, the time he can propose something more usable (correct refreshing of Distance/ETA).
- Edit #3 : Ok, to avoid troubles, managing a new full patch containing lasts changes about Estimated Arrival Time support from mbank on post #149.
- Edit #4 : Commit latest patch from mbanck on post #152 to Stable & Unstable since it doesn't hurt ...
- Edit #5 : Commit latest patch from mbanck on post #162 to Unstable (Refreshing & Cosmetic for TTD Time To Destination) ...
- Edit #6 : Commit to Unstable, latest patch from sony123 from IRC live session to keep users clean of questions and add the most awaited functionality, the switching option from Distance to Time To Destination when guidance is active.
- Edit #7 : Commit to Unstable, latest correction from sony123 on post #221 to properly show TTD whenever the time showed in h:min ...
- Edit #8 : MY mistake !!! Commit to Unstable, mbanck patch revert on post #198 and added also the fix he provided on post #226.
- Edit #9 : Look like there is many good feedback about last treasure found by sony123 with patch on post #273, so I commit this one to Unstable and also updated the commands to install & revert the whole thing without troubles.
- Edit #10 : Commit latest patch from sony123 on post #293 to enable the traffic details page in the Unstable patch.
- Edit #11 : Commit latest patch from tenchman on post #327 to transform the 2 state button "TTD, Distance" into a 3 state button "TTD, Distance and ETA" in the Unstable patch.
- Edit #12 : Commit latest patch from tenchman on post #355 to add an additional Button MUTE into the speedwarner setting screen in the Unstable patch.

Please report it worked properly on your device then I can remove the Unstable section to keep only one full patch as Stable.

Also, don't forget to thanks :

- sony123.
- nieldk.
- Arie.
- mbanck.
- nailwood.
- jd4200.
- thedead1440.
- tenchman.

Because nothing can be done without all these guys working on their free time to debug, fix & enhance Nokia Drive application for our precious ...

A++
Thank you for your excellent work, all of you who have been involved in this mod.

Just applied with the above instructions and it went really smoothly.

Only glitch so far I found is that the map becomes blank if you go to settings and come back.
But can easily be fixed by going back into settings and selecting 2D, 3D or SAT.

Traffic works here in Finland.
Will test auto day / night when I leave home from work tonight.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget