View Single Post
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
If you are talking about desktop operating systems the answer is never. In the server room and on embedded devices it's already there.

Edit: I shouldn't say never. If someone takes a Unix system, stops the design by comittee, and manages to solve all the bugs that normal people (grandma) would run into and be unable to solve, while developing grandma usable software that can compete with the offerings available on windows it's possible. See MacOS X as an example of how to do this correctly. Until then it will remain the tool or server admins, developers and hobbyists, and never see mainstream acceptance.
My father are running Ubuntu without problems and he do not understand anything about computers. He just use internet and email. My mother was against it at first but doesn't say much about it now. My brother have changed as his Vista machine died on him. So linux is not only for tech savvy ppl.

Edit: ohh.. but my wife is still a windows user. Have not been able to convince her to try yet

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-05-06 at 22:49.