View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
While I agree that MMS usage is not so common (at least in the current market targeted by Jolla), I don't think it's something that should be left to the community.
Testing MMS support is long and it can be expensive process if you don't have your own BTS and 'private' GSM testing network (which Jolla guys certainly have).
Thats exactly why this should be done by the community. Jolla has to few resources to fokus on stuff that, my guess is very few will use.

Its very simple math. Most people want to pay 400EUR for a phone if stuff that I and most people want does not work or is buggy

Just give a list what really is important, stuff that probadly will take alot of resources from Jolla already:

* Landscape mode in browser and other improvement such as a better font...
* Qt5.2 support so developers can start user sensor API etc..
* More approved libs in Harbour (also need testing)
* PyOtherside support
* More improvement in email
* UI improvements.
* Better twitter feed client or atleast some kind of API to start a external thirdparty clients(tweetian, instead of start browser when click on feed element?)
* Camera improvements (autofocus/ move focus point etc...)
* Infra for community annonced today
* Contonued shipment
* Marketing

List can go on before MMS is prioritized. However I can be wrong maybe most people use MMS? But I have not ever sent any since tit was announced hmm ten years ago...?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-19 at 21:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: