View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
That might actually be crazy enough to work.

Can anyone with good understanding of the I2C bus used for the other half confirm/deny if it would usable to host an external RAM chip or fast NAND for swapping ?

IIRC there was some talk in the Neo900 project about hooking a RAM chip outside of the SOC to I2C and using it for swap.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, I2C seems to top out at about 3.4 Mbit/s, so about 500 KB per second. So swapping to MicroSD will probably be a better option.
Boy do I just imagine the mod communities going crazy about this

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
This phone will collect dust, I will land it just under my n9 still cant wait for cheapment. We need another pre-order/shipping thread. Who want to do the honer?

1 GB is ok, unless you use it for more than a phone, if you want to play top notch games, the processor and 1GB is simply not enough. For a phone and some mails and a bit of web browsing it's OK. But I don't think any real advanced games will be available anyway. I don't play so 1 GB is fine by me. But don't come here any say that its good with ONLY 1 GB in 399 Euro phone 2014, its not.
I am afraid I have to agree. Then again, low end android phones have WAY less ram and still run O-Key(ish)....

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com