View Single Post
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tonysc View Post
I tried these three, but I couldn't get the AGTL to install on my N9, I get the error;

"Can't install Unable to trace installation package dependencies"

I am really looking forward to a geocaching app for the N9, the only thing I am really missing.

You will have to run an
Code:
apt-get install -f
afterwards to resolve the dependencies, then it worked for me.

Sadly, the versions TimoJyrinki compiled seem not to work very well:
KatkeMut starts and looks very nice. It even shows some caches. and I can move around.
How ever it shows all the time the rotating "loading" circle. Also it seems not to use GPS. Even when GPS is active, the GPS button is deactivated. Tabbing on a cache never activates the (invisible/missing) "details" button which is usually at the top right corner in other cacheme versions.
This sadly makes KatkeMut not yet usable.

The AGTL port also seems not to work for me:
It shows a map and I can move around, but no caches are shown and GPS also seems not to be usable.

I compiled the latest working Maemo5-CacheMe version (0.8.9) for my N950. It works ok for me. Caches are loaded and shown, I can tab on one and get into its details. It uses the GPS and can show me the direction/distance to the position. And it even works with google maps if desired. (But not with the satellite images.
Question:
Is this due restrictions of google, or could we get this working? I know that also other maemo5 apps (Maep, Mappero,...) do not support this anymore.)

So for now, this seems to be the only working version available.
I was in contact with Till, and I undestand his reasons for discontinuing the Harmattan version.
So for now we seem to be stuck on the Maemo5 version.
I do not have much time to dig into it, but there are a few things, somebody could do to improve its usability:
- Limit amount of shown caches if zoom level is too big
- Try to make the texts/buttons in the details pages bigger (I know it is not possible for the menus, but it might be possible for the other texts/buttons)
- It opens for every detail page a new window, would be nice to close the parent one.

Beside of that I have some other issues:
Is somebody able to log into www.geocaching.com with the default browser? It never works for me, I always have to use firefox for this.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator