View Single Post
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Yes - i stopped BME because i cannot get to less than 3250mv with it set to on, so i charge when BME is on, and after i disconnect the charger (after VDQ=1) i run "stop bme" and continue the described process for discharge.

Is this process wrong?

One more question for something i didn't understand - does it matter how i charge? for example - can i charge during backupmenu creating a backup, reboot (but not getting to a full charge where VDQ should become 1) and continue the process i described above?

Is there a reason to do the charge with the charge script instead of BME?
I am also just user at this point, but I will try to explain.
The charger script may be useful for charging "better", but not for dual-scud. Or/and using H-E-N and charging at the same time needs it.
I would say your process is wrong. Just leave your devicew without battery overnight and charge normally (with BME until diode goes green). Discharge completely and maybe at the end of discharge process go into offline mode and dim screen not to use too much power, so you can reach EDV=1 (same counts for me ).
Your last scenario is weird or I do not understand. You just have to charge your battery fully (however, off/on/using). and then get a discharge process managed (down to about 3200mV) without any reboots. That should do the trick.
Hope this was/is correct (Estel?).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: