View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
another video - official samsung promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOX3H...feature=colike

Go to the middle of it when they start talking about "ultimate multitasking"

If you notice on the side bar (or bottom or top, you can change) one of the apps is youtube - this leads me to think that non samsung stock apps can also be part of split screen, although how well they work in a window may vary

i really like being able to chat on im while referring to another document, or even the part where they do conferencing on the bottom while looking at documents up top, or even using smemo while on a call. This is seriously convenient.

if this thing works well and robust for me its a killer feature no other phone offers.

will wait till ppl provide more details of this feature but looks very promising.
I agree. I'm really quite impressed with how Samsung has integrated the s-pen with many features you use day to day like messaging, mail, phone conference and simultaneously sharing information. The GN2 has distinguished itself from other devices and is beginning to take a life of its own.

In regards to multitasking, on the GN1 I can already, simultaneously, surf the net, check email, watch something on youtube (and change the size of the screen or put it in background to, say, listen to the music) use linux on android and run fortran code (here I am showing my age!) and have results written on a screen and more. But, in general, just doing 2 or three things at same time is enough for me. So it is not the multitasking that is impressive but how samsung is getting different applications to synergistically work together.

EDIT: According to some posts on XDA site some of the GN2 do not have multiview feature. Below is a link to XDA site set up for Galaxy Note II (Check thread in General called Multi-windows)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1790

Last edited by mscion; 2012-10-01 at 12:23.