View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Q: Why do my windows look weird after I install Easy Debian, and how do I fix it?
A: Easy Debian installs the Movable Windows hack; this lets you move the big dialog boxes used by some Debian apps so you can get to the OK button, but it makes the windows start in the upper left (or lower right) corner of the screen. If this placement bugs you, drag the window to the center. If you really don't want this behaviour, and you're willing to live with the consequences, open a terminal and enter the following:

Code:
sudo cp copy /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs.orig /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs
If you don't mind me saying, but if this is in extras, you should give the user the choice if [s]he wants this hack installed.

In your postinst, putting something like:
cat > /tmp/debian_movable_windows_warn.txt <<EOF
Easy Debian installs the Movable Windows hack; this lets you move the big dialog boxes used by some Debian apps so you can get to the OK button, but it makes the windows start in the upper left (or lower right) corner of the screen. If this placement bugs you, drag the window to the center.

Press OK to keep the hack or press Cancel to keep the default behaviour.
EOF

maemo-confirm-text /tmp/debian_movable_windows_warn.txt
retval=$?
rm /tmp/debian_movable_windows_warn.txt
if [ "$retval" -eq "0" ]
then
echo "" || true
fi

if [ "$retval" -eq "1" ]
then
/bin/cp /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs.orig /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs
fi