View Single Post
Originally Posted by lazart View Post
..there is the USB connection!!
I can confirm that the two pads marked as Data+ and Data- are working. I just flashed my device using them, 5V+ and GND.
The device was only recognized over USB while also the battery was attached. That's a little bit tricky if you have it open and wires to the pads connected, but it worked! YEAH I got my phone back ))
Sweet! Nice to see you got it working.
And, yeah, it is a little bit "delicate" to mess with the device in this way.

Originally Posted by MastaG
So it'll charge by shorting data+ and data- with 2.2ohm resistor?
But obvisously a data connection will not be possible then.
So how can we can get a working data connection using those pads then?
You only need to short-circuit these when you want to charge your device with a custom charger which only supplies +5V and GND.
If you want to connect your device to a PC via USB or use e.g. the Nokia supplied chargers via USB nothing special needs to be done.

Anyhow.. as you need to solder inside your device you'll for sure loose warranty. And having custom cables around in your device might also be something problematic. E.g. the back-cover may not fit anymore or you may attract attention in e.g. airport security checks (like jd4200 mentioned over there: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72753&page=2 ).
Still, for people like me, who have no experience with SMD soldering, using these pads is a nice alternative to disassembling the device and messing with the very fine connections near the micro USB connector.

Last edited by Wonko; 2011-05-07 at 08:33. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: