View Single Post
First thanks for having taken the time to code this very nice editor (IMHO nothing beats Vim on Maemo yet, although TxPad soon could), and to provide such nice support!

Originally Posted by trx View Post
Thanks.

I'm afraid that at this point its unlikely, as the text edit component would need quite a bit of modifications to support word wrapping. I will however consider this for the future versions.
Sorry for us users yet again asking for difficult things, but the first thing I looked at in TxPad is if it had support for proportional fonts; unfortunately one can select such fonts but they do not seem to really work: as soon as one moves the cursor or edit the file the text gets all scrambled and cursor movement behaves very wrong.

I guess if you cannot fix that easily at least proportional fonts had better not be selectable for now.

Originally Posted by trx View Post
Also, if anyone has noticed any bugs or has new ideas, please let me know.
TRX.
Bugs: see above, else none found, everything works nicely here!

Ideas for new features:
- Javascript syntax coloring (or some highlighting at least) would be neat
- ctags support!

Nits:
- TxPad probably should belong to the "Development" Catorise category (IOW "user/development" as value for the Debian package's 'Section' control-file field) instead of the "Utilities" one ("user/development")
- maybe the "Settings" menu should move up one level out of the "Tools" menu, as there should be room for more than 6 menus there (even with vertical orientation), shouldn't it?
- "Save to HTML": I'd rather have "Save to XML" possibly together with optional XSLT support to customize the HTML output, but that's probably just the programmer in me!

Also several things already described by others in this thread (the ones dearest to me appear first): configurable syntax highlighting, open file selector at ~/MyDocs by default, remember last file selector location, save font settings, move "Font" menu entry from "Edit" menu to "View" menu.

Keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to guillaumed For This Useful Post: