View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Any chances of - instead of emulating anything - just respecting people's remapped keyboard? Personally, I hate when games emulate anything - either some important (at least for me) function is always left forgotten (see Jagged Alliance 2 and switching ground/ceiling levels...), or emulated function override special key, that I'm used to, due to personal hardware keyboard remap.

Remember, that using blue arrow + shift, we got plenty of "free keys", where we can emulate almost full-fledged desktop keyboard. for example, I've all F1-F12 keys mapped to upper row shift+blue arrow, right and middle mouse click (blue arrow +tap and shift+blue arrow+tap, respectively), TAB, all my national special characters, all symbols... Without sacrificing any single default key.

There really isn't any need to emulate anything - just make game aware of user's keyboard layout if it's possible, and everyone will be happy penguins.

/Estel

Ps.

Thanks for Your efforts, nevertheless!

Hi Estel,

I would also be interested in how you have mapped the mouse buttons to the modifier keys.. I have already re-mapped my own keyboard with the Shift+Fn extras, and enabled full screen of applications using xbindkeys ctrl+up.

Which files need to be edited for mouse buttons?

Thanks, DG