Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
rinigus: is two finger rotation possible? Does is require redoing the GestureArea component? If possible, it could be added, yes, off by default though, to avoid accidental rotation along with pinch-zoom.
I guess it will require updating GestureArea. I was planning to look at some point if I can adapt QtLocation interaction components, but haven't got there yet.

We would have to think about how much time we should invest into Mapbox QML if

"Developer offering will see many improvements in 2018-2019. We are planning to open Qt Location after Qt upgrade 5.9" [http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23me...4-19T08:13:56]

will happen. I don't mind maintaining and developing QML bindings further, but then it has to be used by applications. Right now, QML Mapbox bindings are relatively "easy" to maintain, although there are some issues filed that will have to be addressed. Adopting new gesture area would be somewhat harder and this work will have to be weighted against the time it will be used.

In this sense, we would have to compare APIs and think what will be used in 2019. In addition to APIs, there are differences in update paths and control that is possible to get over it, but looks like Qt is making a major exception and making significant updates in Mapbox component in stable releases and Mapbox is developing within Qt 5.9 as well.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: