View Single Post
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Diggin' it up,

all I can say is that somebody on this forum was trying/speaking he was trying to do so, 'cause most omap CPU's could handle some overclock, but

Even If overclock 250mhz CPU to 300mhz without frying it alive it won't change anything.

770 today low performance it's due (To some opinions, and mine) to low amount of ram and low speed of build-in flash.

Mine 770 otherwise works great, even decent web browsing is now possible, but there are few thing to achieve:

First of all Im running OS2007HE from memory card, but not the common RS-MMC one, but from Class 10 high speed microsd card with hand-build adapter (There is a thread on forum how to do the adapter, and maemo wiki page how to boot from memory card). Running OS from flash card also require some OS modifications.

Also, I changed the swap size to 512MB, its probably to much, cause never've been able to full it, but I have 8gig card and it's because I can. Like the following there is also a thread how to do it

And most of all, Im not expecting my 770 to be so f***ing powerful cause it's 10 years-old device, and it was old, when you posted your question, what I mean it was old and now it's even older but usable with proper preparing and for specified things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post: