View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
In the UK voicemail is automatically included from your network and usually can't be turned off, though you can record your own message these days.

So any other option is a bit of a nonstarter. Calls to voicemail are either free or part of your 'included minutes' if you're on a plan. I really need n900 to know if someone has left voicemail.
Well I'm notified by SMS with link to voicemail number if I got voicemail, and receiving SMS works on N900, so...

Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
How about a menu of selectable 5 items,

[X] Show All
Or Show Only:
[ ] Incoming calls
[ ] Outgoing calls
[ ] Missed calls
[ ] Voicemail

and maybe multiple selection enabled for the last four?
Yes, I thought of that, but the first option's checkbox directly influence the options under it which must be shown in UI.

Consider:

You have 'Show All' enabled. You show 'Or show only', and now enabling one option in 'Show Only' disables 'Show All'.

...while...

Show All is disabled and being enabled 'Show All' removes functionality of currently enabled and/or disabled checkboxes of 'Or show only'.

Confusing... and what do you do when you disable 'Show All'? Back to filter user had before enabling 'Show All'?

This complexity is not worth it. Its only 4 checkboxes. No need for 'Show All'. No need for 'Inverse'. That is useful if managing a lot of messages in webmail; not case here.

What may be useful is different profiles.

Or a button (instead of checkbox) to Show All. (I don't find it worth it tho, I think different profiles is better solution.)

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-11-01 at 20:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post: