View Single Post
Was not sure if I should bump such an old thread or make a new one about this issue but here goes:

Does anyone know if the N9's custom dictionary is stored in a file anywhere that we could possible backup and use a shell script on boot to restore it (seeing as the custom dictionary is lost on reboot)?

I have tried to add a new word in the dictionary and scan for modified files in the last minute (assuming the new word is written to a file somewhere) using terminal but have had no joy.

The VKB on the N9 is great but the fact that the custom dictionary is lost on reboot and it always suggests ridiculous words ("abducting" when making a typo on "and" for example) really knocks it down. I'm not a fan of swype as I find it too slow.

As such, is there any way to get it like Swype and WP/Android where suggested words appear above the VKB. This occurs when you try to write in Chinese for example - the Hanzi are selectable when you start to type in Pinyin.

Thanks.

Edit: /usr/share/tracker/languages/ has some stopwords.xx file
No idea what its for

/usr/share/xt9/6.2/
This directory seems to contain all the keyboards and languages and it also looks like android uses it. Maybe this is what should be written to but is not?

Have tried to reinstall xt9 meego-imengine-xt9, meego-keyboard, libxt6, lixtst6, xt-9* but still no luck.

$ gconftool -R /meegotouch/inputmethods gives the following:
Code:
 correctionengine = MeegoXt9
 accessoryenabled = false
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/virtualkeyboard:
  correctwithspace = true
  layouts = [en_gb.xml]
  fuzzyselected = false
  chinesetransliteration = off
  correctionenabled = true
  wordpredictionenabled = true
  /meegotouch/inputmethods/virtualkeyboard/layouts:
   default = en_gb.xml
   /meegotouch/inputmethods/virtualkeyboard/layouts/handwriting:
    default = zh_hw_gb.xml
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/multitouch:
  enabled = true
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/correctionengine:
  zh = MeegoSogou
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/onscreen:
  active = [libmeego-keyboard.so,en_gb.xml]
  enabled = [libmeego-keyboard.so,en_gb.xml]
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/hwkeyboard:
  model = nokiarm680
  layout = us
 /meegotouch/inputmethods/plugins:
  hardware = libmeego-keyboard.so
  /meegotouch/inputmethods/plugins/chinese:
   handwritinglightcolorbackground = false
   handwritingSpeed = 500
   handwritingcharset = Hans
   languages = [zh_hw_gb.xml]
   defaultlanguage = zh_hw_gb.xml
   handwritingNextCharPrediction = true
This is with en-gb (English UK) input method enabled. When I changed correctionengine from "MeegoXt9" to "none", auto-correct (obviously) stopped working. As such, I wonder if it is possible to change the auto-correct engine.... possibly to the swype one?

Last edited by Nad; 2013-02-03 at 08:08.