View Single Post
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Thought I would add the contrarian link:

http://tinyurl.com/ye2rles

Engadget appears to have done some REAL research made some contact (Ray Haddow, Senior Manager within Nokia Communications ) and found some info that is not a direct "NOT gonna happen" from real people with names and everything...sigh maybe this will quiet down some of the MeeGo is not coming to the n900 stuff or not...

Sure it is not a definitive answer but it is not the vague garbage that was published yesterday.

Enjoy!
Finally somebody was able to get an official answer from a Nokia PR. Just don't understand why Nokia didn't come out and say this right when Meego was announced, it would have avoided A LOT of FUD!!!!

I am glad to see they are considering an official Meego upgrade for N900. Now, could users do something to reinforce Nokia perception that Meego on N900 is really worthy to keep the loyalty of its early adopters? I am not talking about any rebellions or "never buy a Nokia device again" crap... just address the proper customer care channel.

I know there are Nokia employees like @qgil and the Maemo council who could pass the feedback from this forum to Nokia, but I am not sure if this is the best way. Also, their priorities may be different from N900 owners, since their role is to make Meego a competitive Linux-based platform on various devices. Don't take this comment as if they don't care about Meego on N900, just that it may not be their responsibility.