View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by tonberry View Post
ok, can someone just share the leaked PR1.3 here already? Appreciate a proper safe guidelines flashing PR1.3 to N950
Hi Friend,

It's quite easy to find it; as mentioned in previous posts you can find it in familiar torrent sites.

As for flashing, I have played around and can confirm that the flasher app that is used for the N9 is the same version that is included in the One-Click Flasher for the N950 (I have extracted the One-Click Flasher package, compared both versions, as well as actually flashed on both versions). Instructions and commands for flashing are also the same.

The PR 1.3 that you will find in torrent sites is only the "main" image file. The "mmc" image file, you can extract it from the One-Click Flasher for N950.

EDIT: sent you a PM by the way.

The latest officially-available One-click Flasher, i.e. PR 1.2 "Beta" (if you extract it via WInZip or 7zip) contains:

1. The PR 1.2 Beta "main" image file
2. The "mmc" image file
3. The Flasher command-line application (which is the same version as the Flasher application being used for the N9)
4. Nokia Connectivity Driver
5. A "flasher.bat" file (i.e. auto-executable/batch file/script to make the whole package "one-click").

If you open the flasher.bat file let's say via GEdit (for Linux/Ubuntu) or Notepad++, you will notice that the command used for the actual flashing procedure is:

Code:
flasher.exe -F img.bin -F emmc.bin -f --erase-mmc=secure
Basically it's the usual/same flasher command used for the N9, plus the option "f --erase-mmc=secure" which means (from the flasher manual): "erase user data, ARG is erase method (e.g. secure)."

To give you confidence, here's a screenshot...let me know if it does not resize to be viewable so I can correct as necessary.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-09-10 at 08:33. Reason: Uploaded bigger-sized picture as per request

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: