View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I agree with most of what you (thp) said, apart from this last item. In this instance, when defining a timeout, I think Never fits more logically at the bottom of the list, as it is "further away" than 60 minutes.
Ok, that makes sense. I don't really care at which position it is, but it should be the same across the platform. That's one "rule" we want to find out that we can then put on a Wiki page for developers to follow, which hopefully results in a more consistent and usable UI

I'll have to fix this in the gPodder preferences dialog then, attached a screenshot of the current selector dialog - the "never" in this case is called "manually", as checking for new episodes can be done manually (by clicking a button) or at a selected interval. Question: Should this be named "never", too? ("Check for new episodes - never" does not really sound good to me, as it's not "never" but "only when I click the button").

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Incidentally, from that Gnome screenshot, it would be nice to see text like that appear in easyplayer too, i.e. "20 minutes" instead of "20 min" and "1 hour" instead of "60 min".
Very well spotted! I haven't thought about that. I guess we should add this as "best practice" too ("If time amounts are to be selected, use '1 minute', '2 minutes' and '1 hour', etc.. as wording" or something like that).
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: