View Single Post
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Argentina
Hi aRTee,

I read you created an icon application to reset all 3g/WIFI connection in the N9, could you share this app or at least tell us how to do it?
Thanks in advance!!!

Mike

Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Yes I'm asking you...

Well, if you're unhappy with such an expensive device, it's perhaps not for you, but if you want to give it a try (instead of taking it back to the shop for a refund), you can do the following:
enable developer mode
it will install stuff and tell you to reboot. Note that if you only have 3G data, since you have the problem, you may have to reboot before turning on dev mode as well, since it will need to download some packages (programs).

After rebooting, you will see that you have some new icons/programs, one of which is the famous (or perhaps infamous) terminal.
Next time you get no network connection, tap that and in the green text screen, type the following command (turn off swype input if you have it on, it is cumbersome with command line due to its advanced word input correction going haywire on terminal commands - turn it off by swiping left or right at keyboard level)
Code:
devel-su
{this asks the password, which is "rootme", which whilst you type it, it won't show up in green, that's a security feature}
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2

Whenever I have the problem, (I have it on wifi, only had it once on 3g, didn't use cellular data afterwards) the above fixes it, and I can connect normally.
I actually made an icon that can be tapped.

Note: the terminal app has two modes, switchable by tapping the green text area. In the mode with arrows, the up arrow will go back through the list of previously executed commands, so if all you do is this, you will only have to type it in once.

Lastly, I'm also just a normal user, not a dev or anything...