View Single Post
Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
1. Adding the cost of a GSM slot, and the proper electronics so it could be used on a "data only" plan would make loads of sense. It would assumably not cost much more for a data only plan (eg. Tmobile Sidekick data only plan, etc). For a company that can produce nearly "throw away" cost level phones, this should not be a problem.
Maybe. But you would still need another GSM contract, unless you don't think the N800 is too large for a phone. Most people don't seem to want this, afaik the GSM interface cards for laptops were never big sellers.

3. If I have it bluetoothed to the phone very often I will miss incoming calls. I use a Nokia 6131 on the newest firmware. TMobile provider.
Never observed that. That would of course be very annoying. But still, it's not something that can be held against the tablet, as it's clearly a bug in the phone part of the chain.

4. The bluetooth functionality is very poor. If i have the bluetooth on I can turn it off from the main screen (new shortcut they made, recent firmware). Yet to turn the bluetooth back on i have to go into the control panel. ******ed.
No, you don't have to do that. I agree it's a design bug that the BT icon disappears if you turn it off, but you don't have to go to the control panel to use BT dialup again: Just select your phone as connection just as usual, and it will turn on BT for you while connecting.

5. I cannot begin to tell you how many times Ive tried to use it to fill out forms, goto certain websites (eg. tv.msn.com so I can control my home Media Center schedule) to just get slapped in the face when it wont do it. Tried buying something on Newegg one night, typed in the zip code, and the tablet kept erasing the field. Tmobile's online configurator site, could not understand how to handle two "drop down" menus on the same page. Etc, etc, etc.
Er.. but this has nothing at all to do with the issue of built-in phone or not.. agree?