View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why Germany?
Hildon Foundation was established to act and do business on behalf of community, like collecting donations, signing contracts, do negotiations and payments. The eV-idea was to get the foundation with its bank account to where the servers are located and account access would be needed. As maemo servers actually are hosted at IPHH in Germany (for free even, thanks to the engagement of Falk Stern alias warfare!). This, of course, does not require the foundation to be based there too, it just would make things a lot easier if it would be in the EU. Please also see post #12.

I cannot stress enough, that an engagement in a board of any foundation is meant for a longterm approach. While there of course are options to replace or elect new board members in whatever interval, regular changes are not desired. We would need to find 3 EU residents who are found to be trustworthy by their commitment towards maemo so far who are willing to show some resposibility and serve community unlike council, more in the background.
If we manage to sign me to the new bank account and fix paypal, there is no urgent need to do anything and I can finally start treasuring... .

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lots of board members from Germany?
GeneralAntilles, Jaffa + woody14619 are in the US, chemist + me in germany.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-09-10 at 02:34.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: