View Single Post
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Aapo: are there any status updates on this? Development halted? Simply too few testers too continue? Or maybe no time / focusing on bringing home the bacon / whatever? Or simply is it as silent as sound wave with amplitude approaching 0 as 1/t for reasonably big t?
Good question. Status is very same than on my last post. After that I haven't compiled anything more for Maemo Reloaded".

Lately I have had less time for Maemo and I haven't used that time for Maemo Reloaded.

I think there must be some bigger plan until I will continue with this.
Maemo5 is outdated, which means there are plenty of new and interesting floss-code we can't utilize. But Maemo5 is not pathologically outdated, there are lots of floss-code (both new and old) which we can use!
(How else you define 'outdated'? I define uptodate="How easily you can compile any random floss-package for it")
-> Issue1: Compiling package for Maemo is harder

There are too few Maemo developers to make miracles. But there are still developers working on Maemo!
-> Issue2: No new packages for Maemo.

I thought that 'merging' Maemo back to the Debian those issues would be solved. Another solution is toss whole Maemo and use pure Debian (People have done much for this, but I think it is not ready). And yet another way is toss Maemo, and use pure Arc (or what not distro).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post: