View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
This is a crossposting because I have a very similar thread in the development section - just to inform the followers of this thread:

As feared... google shutting down the first parts of google bookmarks within the next few weeks:

http://www.google.com/support/bookma...answer=2365222

Goodbye, Lists: FAQ

What is Lists?
Lists is an English-only experimental feature of Google Bookmarks for sharing bookmarks and collaborating with friends. Lists is being discontinued on December 19th, 2011.
Why is Lists being discontinued?
Google is prioritizing our product efforts so we can make things much simpler for our users and devote more resources to high-impact products.
When is Lists being discontinued?
Lists will become read-only on December 12th and will be entirely discontinued on December 19th, 2011. During the read-only period, you'll be able to change the public/private status of lists you own, but you won't be able to create new lists or edit existing ones.
What happens to my Lists once the feature is discontinued?
  • Lists that you own: All items will be saved as bookmarks with the label "MyBookmarkList". Comments will be saved along with each bookmark.
  • All other lists (including those shared with you): You’ll no longer be able to access these lists. If you want to save items from these lists, you should bookmark them before December 19th, 2011.
Yes, nobody needs today this "lists" to "share" bookmarkcollections... but I wonder what could happen with the rest of this useful service.

In my opinion a seamless integration with google chrome with web frontend to edit and access the bookmarks from everywhere with proper API for third party applications would be a brilliant addition to google docs... likewise a google notes service. (but they shutted their small attempts already down in favour for google documents - but would really everyone create a office document to write down a small note?)

Hmm... perhaps I'm to much geeky to understand our current IT world!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: