View Single Post
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The last time I was playing with Android, the tablet I was using was a much lower spec than yours. It ran Android 2.2. Poorly. But there was a Debian image for it. Look around, there might be one for yours.
I wrote this topic cause I couldn't find anything related to this tablet. It's low-low end and not very popular. With this specs and OS it's almost not usable. I believe MEEGO or Maemo is out of game, yes? But, architecture is the same, this is still Cortex ARM, Im aware it's not so easy as it looks, but maybe? I can't do porting myself and for this device it's like porting wash machine OS, to work under stone. Shame, but, any linux OS will allow me to do something with it, if there is such a possibility.

Maybe is there someone who could help me with flashing to another OS? Fact, that I couldn't find different OS image for this device doesn't mean it's not possible I think.

Im not even sure, that multiple OS's for this device is possible, so even replacing android with debian/ubuntu will do the trick.

I starting to think that with little maintenance for such tablet it doesn't make sense, I mean it's milestone to prepare so many devices to work under different OS and so, but still I would like to make only one, mine, to be better and usable, cause another way it's collecting dust, nothing more.

I will just ask, I know that is not android forum, but guys from android help desk often don't know what the're saying. So it's possible to downgrade mentioned tablet to android 2? It should give some performance kick.

Let's be realistic, I don't expect it to be i7 4-core super-powerful machine, but when it will be at least stable I still can prepare it for decent web browsing, video watching, chatting and handle some games like solitaire and give it to my mother

Selling this will be hard, it's easier to buy one, than sell, cause opinion of this device is at least bad, no one who isn't suicidal will buy this peace of poof

So, for the end, simple anyone who was here, please answer shortly few questions:

Should I

1. Keep up to my idea, and trying hard to do something better than stock device?
2. Leave it, break it or what not, to forget it and have some relief.
3. Downgrade it to Android 2? (If this is possible)
4. Do nothing and wait for "out-of-mind" person who will buy it with smile

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Megoo? really?..
Apologies, "Meego" - If admin could correct, please, do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post: