View Single Post
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Technically speaking Maemo and Meego did not change a thing qhen it comes to oom. They left the defaults of debian and turned oom active killing off. So kills only happen when the min_free value is crossed. But I never came so far as the whole system would stutter and freeze when memory gets really full until it comes to a halt.

So in general the fine tuning of Jolla for SailfishOS is a little bit cleverer as I never got so far and always had a working device.
@ llelectronics

At the risk of being considered naive , i have a question. Every now and then in the forums , i read sailfish users complaining about apps closing in the background. Even with very heavy usage , my N9 and N900 rarely got into a state where it becomes completely unresponsive. So what would be the reason for sailfish having to kill apps in the background more frequently than N9 0r N900 even with cleverer fine tuning ?Is it only because of alien dalvik?This single problem questions my mind every time i think about buying an OPX or nexus and load sailfish in it. Sometimes i get the feeling other than the big brother stuff , there is nothing sailfish brings over android.

P S : I have never used a sailfish phone. Forums are my only info source.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post: