View Single Post
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Per this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82969

I've been so happy with my N9, and had so little time to keep up my beloved N900 up to date, that I decided to sell it.

I didn't need the money, but the N900 is such an amazing device, I really wanted someone else to be able to enjoy it.

I even went to the trouble of deleting my personal data and media, while leaving the mods, installations, and enhancements in place so that the new owner would have them on day 1 for ease of use.

Then what did I do? like a damn fool, I put it on eBay. Where good intentions go to die.

It was bought, and immediately shipped out. The buyer emailed me that they received the phone. An hour later another email came in telling me that their SIM card does not fit and that the phone will be returned.

At first I politely replied that it's a full size standard unlocked SIM card slot with global frequency support. I told him that all standard SIMs should fit fine. I even told him that if he happened to have a micro SIM, then an adapter could be obtained for under a dollar in many places.

I also reminded him that the auction was marked as no returns accepted and that I would hold him to that fact specifically because there is nothing wrong with the Nokia.

He did not reply. He opened a complaint with eBay and reported that the item was not as described. Here is his thoughtful, articulate, and well penned explanation:

"I PURCHASE NOKIA N900 PHONE, WHEN IT CAME MY SIM CARD CAN NO FIT INSIDE SIM CARD HOLDER SO I CONTACT THE SELLER TO LET HIM KNOW THE PROBLEM, HE LET ME KNOW I NO RETURN IT "

(mind you that this buyer is in the USA, so he's got no language barrier to explain his lack of understandable grammar)

And here's the kicker..... eBay immediately sided with him. Now I must wait for the phone to be returned to me and give him his money back.

Not that the money is a big deal. The phone went for under $200. But the only way his SIM wouldn't fit that I can think of is because he broke the SIM slot in an instance of stupidity. So I'm likely to get a broken phone back in the mail.

What can I do about it? Nothing. eBay tells me when I get the phone back I can re-list for free, but why? So they can side with the crooked buyer again?

BE WARNED!!!! eBay sucks...