Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Regarding screen estate, I have a suggestion lined up that I have been working on for a couple of weeks now. It is not quite finished yet; when it is, I can attach an RPM with the patch. It may take a week more though because there are far too many modules that need to be touched. Here is a little teaser.
@pichlo, great that you started working on it! Looking forward to see more

I am going through the whole QML code right now to separate Silica-dependent code. There are many changes, as you can imagine, so, all patches will fail as soon as I merge that work into the main tree (its currently on the branch quick). But, we'll find the way to resolve the conflicts and maybe rewrite your patch into the new system. I'll be happy to help with it. [Advantage - we should be able to work on PCs, no need to test while developing on phone].

@pichlo, I wonder how the speed limits and signs fit now in that patch. Note that you could use developer option in Preferences (location at the center of the screen) to test navigation. Just disable GPS, enable that option, and start moving the map. Your location will change accordingly. In navigation mode, the "center" is towards the bottom of the screen.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: