View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Thanks

You're absolutely right and I sincerely agree on everything you said. I've actually been testing pre-release software from the 1.1.6 update onwards and:

- I've never advertised such a way to install updates on jollait (which is the community I'm of course more focused on) nor shared my way to sniff unreleased software.
- My reviews/posts where posted after the early access release date, to avoid spoilers or people trying to update and flood tjc with bug reports related to non-final products.

I used to update in this fashion both to prepare the stuff I need for the blog well in advance, instead of rushing to post a weak, incomplete and superficial article/video (I'm not a member of any pre-release group unluckily - albeit such a program would benefit bloggers too) - and of course because I'm a curious human being (oh and it was useful to test my DynCal, DynClock, tps scripts against the changes done on the 2.0.1, too).

I decided to openly talk about my issue also because this pre-release software bubble's already exploded (tmo, tjc, telegram) and although I'm still not sure whether it can be linked to 2.0.2 I prefered to admit my mistake and try to warn other people (as my post on the 2.0.2 thread) with a direct experience about the risks they take when they update.

It's not that hard actually - RCH has some refurbished and unsold Jolla1 in stock if you still need one!

Last edited by fravaccaro; 2016-06-21 at 22:40.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fravaccaro For This Useful Post: