View Single Post
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
The output device of Alsa can be changed vias /etc/asound.conf. I don't know the pulseaudio equivalent but I know there is one since I read everywhere that asound.conf is not needed for pulseaudio since it brings its own configuration method (unfortunately I don't know the details).
The problem is, that while using proper pusleaudio method of redirecting whole sound to USB soundcard, device reboots instantly. I hope that more knowledgeable one can filter it, if it's:
a) wrong way of trying to achieve that with pulseaudio, and everything it's working, yet it's user error
b) kernel related issue (userland things shouldn't be able to crash device like that, right?)
c) something broken in Maemo's pulseaudio, that can be fixed.

That's why I suggested trying with Easy Debian's pulseaudio. Would do it myself, yet, unfortunately, I don't have USB DAC (I suppose that Creative Audigy 2ZS Video Editor = external USB 24 bit sound card/TV card combo with plentora of inputs and outputs doesn't count, as it, supposedly, lacks proper linux kernel modules...).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-03-26 at 23:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: