View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hey fatalsaint, I've been thinking... Perhaps you should build empty packages called "hal-chroot" and "dbus-chroot" that claim to provide the hal and dbus stuff, so chroot users won't constantly get errors trying to install stuff that doesn't work... I'm not sure if this is something for Deblet, but it seems to me to be a good idea for people who want to use vanilla Debian (as opposed to Deblet)

hmm.... I'm going to think about this some more... I think this is something I should discuss with Stskeeps; a chroot-only Deblet that installs a very basic debootstrap rootfs, my Alsa config files, empty hal and dbus stuff, the flash player hack, some form of the xpice script, and the Easy Debian scripts... there really doesn't need to be much more, since we're not booting. Alternately, we can host those packages on your repository, and install them from a basic rootfs (about 42MB compressed) that I could keep on qole.maemobox.org...