View Single Post
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I ordered one of these last week, and now I get an email from focalprice advertising the Yeahpad 7" for $89.99, which from the specs seems to have more or less the same guts as the Hyundai A7, aside from a smaller battery 2400mAh vs. 3000mAh and smaller internal storage 4GB vs. 8GB. Now I'm thinking I should get this one as well, I can give one to my daughter. This one isn't much of a special offer, only 4%, but still $20 cheaper than the Hyundai.
First rule is, never believe the battery capacity (mAh) of craplets (aka Chinese Crap Tablet)...unless confirmed by other source.

Secondly, this thing has a 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU...pretty sure it is a very bad one since they didn't cite the model, or even the company. The more information they say about the SoC the more accurate/better it is.
The Allwinner A10 is the best chip you can currently get on craplets.

4GB is enough for Android itself, but you need a TransFlash/microSD card for anything else (pictures, music, apps, maybe videos).

False Advertising: It doesn't have 3G. You need to purchase a separate dongle. It says it has Android 4.0 but its showing Android 2.3

However it boasts a fullsized HDMI port (so you dont need to carry any converters) and a fullsized USB port. Theoretically, things should work out of the box.

-I'd still recommend the Hyundai simply because its more available, there's a few custom Roms for it, and that it runs ICS.

I presume that in 6-12 months time there will be $99-199 craplets with improved specs, I'm looking for:
-built in BT 2.0
-build in GPS
-better design (lighter 260g, thinner 8mm, less bezel)
-bigger battery (3,500-4,500mAh)
-better displays (regular RGB LCD with 1024x600)
-better performance:
...Dual Cortex A9 (real 0.8GHz/overclocked to 1.2GHz)
...Built on 50nm die, matched with 512MB RAM
...2-core Mali400 (720p performance) or better

But they will still have the same problems:
-external 3G
-Overall poor performance
-ICS 4.0.3 without source/little community development

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: