View Single Post
You should be able to PM me by clicking on my nick and selecting appropriate option - I don't have any blocks. If it isn't available, maybe Your post/thanks count and/or time since registering is too small - I don't remember thresholds here.

As for tips, You need a smallest possible to attach cable to usb port (pins are damn small), but quite big (and, preferably, flat a the end) one to heat up testpads enough.

As for cables, You may try with headphones one, but most likely, it's going to turn being too *thick* Also, remember about twisted-pair (see wikipedia) - to preserve noise-free high-speed USB, You should twist Data+ and Data- together (no need for doing it with mass and 5V, in fact, it would be counter-productive).

BTW, You only need to "fight" with three small pins on USB port - Data+, Data- and 5V. Mass can be soldered together with USB port shield (creating big soldering point - of course, You sill need to connect it to appropriate testpad), and 5th pin can be left alone or soldered with mass - it's purpose is to inform device about hostmode cable being attached, but N900 Hostmode doesn't use it, and it's most unlikely that it's ever going to start doing so.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!