View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Thread was created in Off-Topic. I cannot keep up with all the threads created in the wrong place, and "cleaning" Off-Topic has not been a priority for me.

[...]

I do what I can, but these forums have become very active. I have a full time job, a family (with a range of problems), a house (with an exploding list of time consuming & costly problems), etc. I have not seen any requests via "Report This" to have these threads moved to other forums. A number of these threads I've never even seen before. There's too many now for me to read all of them. If you've the time to read the threads and find their miscategorizations, would you please consider taking the time to use "Report This" to notify the mods about them?
You posted your answer before I wrote

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
This doesn't really matter; this thread has become a "how mods should treat off topic" discussion, but actually my intent was to keep "Off topic" free of Maemo-related content. Helping users to not put their threads in "Off topic" in the first place is just as good. I'm not saying that the world is a bad place because of forum moderators.
Let me just repeat: I want a Maemo-free "Off Topic" section as a result of this discussion. I chose the thread title intentionally (I could have written "Please don't move threads to off topic" or thelike) because I have no way of knowing what makes these Maemo-threads appear in "Off Topic".
Read it as a call to the community and the people who use this forum, including moderators, but not specifically directed at moderators. I didn't mean to offend you.