View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Next question is where the 3d frame buffers should be stored and how it relates to already preallocated three omapfb planes. This is related to the current allocation failure. As mentioned in older thread I think it should be doable to steal/render into already allocated planes instead of allocating yet another memory dynamically.

This relates to the
PVRSRV_ERROR GetBackBuffer(OMAPLCD_DEVINFO *psDevInfo, IMG_UINT32 ui32Num) procedure. There is code for static memory (flipbuffers array) and dynamic memory and default is dynamic one.

Current sizes of already allocated memory ( see also this)
omapfb: s1d13745 LCD controller rev 1 initialized (CNF pins 3)
omapfb: region0 phys 80600000 virt ffa01000 size=770048 type=0
omapfb: region1 phys 80700000 virt ffabd000 size=786432 type=0
omapfb: region2 phys 87c00000 virt ffb7d000 size=1572864 type=0
omapfb: Framebuffer initialized. Total vram 3129344 planes 3

I think the last plane is good enough for two 800x480x16bits flipbuffers.
There is two parameters to the omaplcd module:

module_param(fbsize, long, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(fbsize, "Sets the size of the buffers in a flip chain (default=153600)");
module_param_array(flipbuffers, long, 0, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(flipbuffers, "Sets the address of the buffers in a flip chain (default=0 -> allocated)");

And a piece of code further down, looks a little broken:

#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,0))
for(i=0; i < OMAPLCD_MAX_BACKBUFFERS + 1; i++)
{
if(flipbuffers[i])
num_buffers++;
}
#endif

- num_buffers should probably be set to 2 in this case. We can probably hardwire the locations and num_buffers to the video framebuffer
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: