View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I get where you are going with this. Recently I took a look at the /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.15/modules/* files with the aim of trying to work out how it works, to see if we can bring it to a recent pulseaudio version for use with debian jessie. I have no experience at RE, so I'm not getting very far at the moment, if anywhere.

Same day fmg posted to say he might take a look, but like you he has little pulseaudio experience, so he was looking for help if he decided to tackle it. He suggested IIRC using the pulseaudio-meego bits and adding in the missing xprot functionality from RE the N900 libraries. You may want to message him to see if he's made any progress. I think xprot was removed due to incompatibilities with meego version, way to much reading this week so may be wrong.

I think from an overall standpoint, for both N900 and Neo900, it would still be beneficial to RE the N900 files as much as possible, even if its just for xprot. There may be some shared code between N900 and N9 blobs, so If it means first using the N9 SDK to see what we find there, and then use that help with N900 files so be it.
Actually there is a bit of progress on that, me and jonwil will "cooperate" this time, as there is lots of stuff to be done. Check the logs on #neo900 for the last couple of days.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: