View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
1) What is the difference between the "Applications" section and the "Announcement" section?
This can mostly be blamed on me for this issue. I added a number of stories and wasn't particularly careful about slotting the apps vs announcements properly.

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
3) You write, about the Diablo5 theme:
"Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the theme developer has elected to host the theme on his own repository. Users hoping to try out the theme will need to add the repository to install it."
Kroll, the developer has been very clear about him not wanting to release it to Extras until more testing has been done (hence the note about it being an alpha release on the first post). Also, seeing how active he is here you would probably had gotten a reply within hours if asked him about it.
That was me, not Jaffa. In this case I didn't do particularly thorough research, but there are only a very few specific cases where not pushing your package to Extras is acceptable. The whole reason we have the tiered Extras setup is so packages that aren't up to production quality have a place to go that isn't anywhere-on-the-internet.

I've dealt with a lot of the issues created by the Repos Everywhere-phase we had back in the early days, and I've been working to help fix that for a couple of years now, so you'll have to excuse negative reactions to watching that trend start again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: