View Single Post
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It is a mce bug. mce sends a signal to systemui when the power button is pressed, then systemui shows the power menu button. Also, mce is responsible for dimming, and mce is related to alarmd. So yes, DT may expose this bug, and I can do nothing to fix it, short of rewriting the whole mce thing because it is closed source.
So who has this problem and wants to try installing powerlaunch and only enabling its MCE replacement? We don't have to rewrite MCE when powerlaunch already does that, just need to fill in any incomplete areas. I can fork the MCE service into its own package if it fixes the problem and works well enough.

I should have some free time in the next week or two to finish up the current batch of ASUI fixes and will then play around with powerlaunch's MCE if no one else has. Although it would be better if someone who has the problem frequently tested powerlaunch's MCE since I have only ever had alarmd running when performing tests and can't properly test it under real world conditions.