View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Konsta View Post
Requested and received. I've merged the Jolla kernel source release (kernel-adaptation-sbj-3.4.0.20131115.2) on top of tagged Qualcomm (Android) kernel release so that it's possible to view all Jolla specific changes. Only really major change I noticed in my first quick glance through it, was that they've backported btrfs (from linux-stable 3.5.7). Other than that, their changes are mostly hardware enablement related (display, touchscreen, camera, sensor, etc drivers). Stuff you'd see in any kernel source for any e.g. Android device. Vast majority of their (or their ODM's) changes are even commented (who, when, what) which is great compared to some other stuff I've seen. In general quite clean, though I (literally :P) see red when I see all those whitespaces.

I've pushed the source to my GitHub. Happy forking.
https://github.com/KonstaT/sailfisho..._jolla_msm8930

I can write some instructions if someone is interested in building/booting custom kernels. It should be pretty basic stuff for anyone familiar with e.g. Android development (and the necessary tools are the same). From a brief chat I had with a Jolla engineer, flashing/booting a custom kernel image will result a permanent unlocked status (in bootloader?) and it will most likely void your warranty!
I apologize if I don't quite understand the full meaning of your post but if you are able to provide instructions for porting Sailfish to an android phone I'd be happy to try. I have a Galaxy Note 1 and 2 and am willing to try even though it is likely that such port will have its share of problems. Anyways as I live in the US, it is unlikely a Jolla phone will be available in the near future, so this would give me an opportunity to share in the "fun". Thanks!