View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I am still working on Cdeb2 (Witch is a chroot environment similar to easy-debian), witch i am allmost ready to release. The difference from my early release and my next release is that this new release will include image mount support (witch you wold have the option to change in cdeb2.conf, also i've changed it so all of the parameters are in the cdeb2.conf file and i am trying to make cdeb2 more flexible so you can use it with other os's other than Deblet or even Debian. Also, i am trying to make the components of cdeb2 "smarter"~ meaning that if it runs into enny problems, (mounting a rootfs or their is a missing file) it will try to find a different tactic to overcome the situation witch hopefuly makes it more user frendly. also, it will automaticly unmount deblet if you x out the window or if you type "exit", to prevent enny risk of damaging your os if you turned off the device. Also, if you happen to want to open cdeb2 more than once, cdeb2-startup-notify will automaticly know that cdeb2 is allrety in use and won't run cdeb2-startup-notify to make things snaper and you now have the option to run fsck on startup or not thrue the cdeb2.conf file and i am including a option for witch terminal you wold like to run Cdeb2 in (Roxterm or Xterm).

Those are most of the new features i am including in the next full release.

Also, here are some consepts i am thinking about doing:

* Cdeb2 daemon ~ To handle "outside proseses"- so if you are running Cdeb2 in more than one window and you x out of one, the original window doesn't get canceled out. (the new window doesn't unmount the rootfs leaving the original chroot window dangling without the rootfs rendering it usless.

* Cdeb2 in a GUI ~ (not relying on a terminal) i will look into this more when i get the "framework" complete.

If enyone has enny suggestions or questions, pleas ask.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-09-14 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: