View Single Post
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
New:

A replacement part for the Jolla phone receiver was found by Greendts. I have ordered one and installed it today, so can confirm that a receiver to suit a Nokia Lumia 820 fits and works perfectly.

Original:

Hi All,

I have had a look over the forums and hope this is not doubling up. My question is two tiered I guess.

The receiver (ear speaker) on my Jolla is not working correctly. On a call a couple of days ago the audio/voice playing through the receiver speaker became very crackly. Since then, the audio has become almost impossible to hear. It is either very faint or very crackly.

I have looked over on TJC, and it seems this could be something to do with contacts, however, most posts seem to be referring to the loudspeaker, rather than the receiver.

I have tested with the CSD tool, and the first part of the ringtone is heard clearly but extremely faintly. Once the second, louder part starts the crackling and distortion take over.

I tried contacting Jolla Care. However, I am in Australia so they said:

Unfortunately the only way to request Warranty service is if you can do it from within the Warranty region: EU, Norway, Switzerland & Hong Kong.

Please read more in our Warranty Policy.

We don't have any local repair locations in Australia and unfortunately there are no spare parts available for doing it yourself.

Our apologies for this inconvenience.
So I thought I would try to open my phone to see if it was a contact issue and one of the screws is incredibly tight. Before I broke anything or damaged the screw head I gave up.

Does anyone here now how I should go about getting my phone going again?

Is it likely that the receiver is damaged? Or is it more likely to be the contacts?
If it is the receiver, does anyone know what sort it is or if it is possible to get a replacement from somewhere? Is it shared with any more common phones?
Has anyone encountered ridiculously tight screws, and how did you get them undone?
Lastly, has anyone else living outside the warranty area successfully had there Jolla phones repaired?

Any help would be really appreciated. My phone is less then 3 months old, and is unusable for all but loudspeaker calls. I really don't want to have to walk away from an otherwise good phone. Especially since my TOHKBD is not far away. It took me a long time to upgrade from my n900, and I am really enjoying the sailfish experience.

Thanks everyone in advance, and forgive me if I have missed this with the search.

Justin.

Last edited by juz; 2015-07-23 at 08:23. Reason: Replacement part found

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post: